Write a 4-6 page annotated bibliography where you identify peer-reviewed publications that promote the use of a selected technology to enhance quality and safety standards in nursing.
Prepare a 4–6 page annotated bibliography in which you identify and describe at least four peer-reviewed publications that promote the use of your selected technology to enhance quality and safety standards in nursing. Be sure that your annotated bibliography includes all of the following elements:
- Introduction to the Selected Technology Topic
- What is your rationale for selecting this particular technology topic? Why are you interested in this?
- What research process did you employ?
- Which databases did you use?
- Which search terms did you use?
- Note: In this section of your bibliography, you may use first-person since you are asked to describe your rationale for selecting the topic and the research strategies you employed. Use third person in the rest of the bibliography, however.
- Annotation Elements
- For each resource, include the full reference followed by the annotation.
- Explain the focus of the research or review article you chose.
- Provide a summary overview of the publication.
- According to this source, what is the impact of this technology on patient safety and quality of care?
- According to this source, what is the relevance of this technology to nursing practice and the work of the interdisciplinary health care team?
- Why did you select this publication to write about out of the many possible options? In other words, make the case as to why this resource is important for health care practitioners to read.
- Summary of Recommendation
- How would you tie together the key learnings from each of the four publications you examined?
- What organizational factors influence the selection of a technology in a health care setting? Consider such factors as organizational policies, resources, culture/social norms, commitment, training programs, and/or employee empowerment.
- How would you justify the implementation and use of the technology in a health care setting? This is the section where you will justify (prove) that the implementation of the
- patient care technology is appropriate or not. The evidence should be cited from the literature that was noted in the annotated bibliography.
- Consider the impact of the technology on the health care organization, patientcare/satisfaction, and interdisciplinary team productivity, satisfaction, and retention.
Example Assessment: You may use the following to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like:
- Written communication: Ensure written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Length: 4–6-typed, double-spaced pages.
- Number of resources: Cite a minimum of four peer-reviewed publications, not websites.
- Font and font size: Use Times New Roman, 12 point.
- APA: Follow APA style and formatting guidelines for all bibliographic entries. Refer to Evidence and APAas needed.
- Select a single direct or indirect patient care technology that is relevant to your current practice or of interest to you. Direct patient care technologies require an interaction, or direct contact, between the nurse and patient. Nurses use direct patient care technologies every day when delivering care to patients. Electronic thermometers or pulse oximeters are examples of direct patient care technologies. Indirect patient care technologies, on the other hand, are those employed on behalf of the patient. They do not require interaction, or direct contact, between the nurse and patient. A handheld device for patient documentation is an example of an indirect patient care technology. Examples of topics to consider for your annotated bibliography include:
- Delivery robots.
- Electronic medication administration with barcoding.
- Electronic clinical documentation with clinical decision support.
- Patient sensor devices/wireless communication solutions.
- Real-time location systems.
Are you overwhelmed by your class schedule and need help completing this assignment? You deserve the best professional and plagiarism-free writing services. Allow us to take the weight off your shoulders by clicking this button.