Choose one concept, research finding, or question that stood out to you in your readings and content assigned for this week. Find an empirical research article about this that was published in the scientific literature and provide a summary of that article here answering the following questions. Attach the article to your post, and provide an APA style reference for it at the bottom of your post.
1. What is the item that stood out to you and why?
2. What did the authors of the study you selected examine in their research? What did they hypothesize and why (rationale)?
3. What methods did they use?
4. What were the most meaningful findings the authors reported?
5. What is one limitation to their study?
6. How do the findings from this study help you better understand the content from this week?
Last week we began putting together the gap, rq, and hypothesis for the proposal. This week we will continue this process by focusing on the types of variables used and potential measurement tools (scales, stimuli) that could be used to measure the variables. Use the following format to
Is there a relationship between Variable A and Variable B (in name of population being studied)?
Is there a difference in DV based on level of IV (in name of population being studied)?
What type of variables (continuous or grouping) do you have and why?
What measures (include names) might you use to test the RQ (one measurement for each variable)?
Read over the grading rubric for discussions before posting. Post your initial response by Wednesday. You must make a minimum of two substantive responses to peers on two separate days of the learning week.
Reply Quote Email Author