Nutrition and pregnancy
Nutrition and pregnancy refers to the nutrient intake, and dietary planning that is undertaken before, during and after pregnancy. Nutrition of the fetus begins at conception. For this reason, the nutrition of the mother is important from before conception as well as throughout pregnancy and breast feeding.
Assignment: You will research the questions below and develop a presentation answering each question. Present your reserached information by videotaping your presetntation.
1: What birth defect have been linked to nutrient deficiencies?
2: What food sources supply these critical nutrients?
3: How can these food sources be incorporated into a mother’s dietary plan?
4: How might poverty affect a woman’s access to these foods/nutrients?
5: What governmental programs are available to improve pregnant women’s dietary intake?
Submit the notes (notes can be typed in bullet form) to the answer of each question and submit your video presentation that addresses the questions above. Video should be at least 3 minutes but no more than 5 minutes.
Maximum points are given when:
– Detailed answers to each question (10 points for each question)
– Presentation notes submitted (15 points for each)
– Video submitted (15 points)
– Video submission 3-5 minutes in length (15 points)
– Points are deducted for errors in spelling and grammar. Also noted is clarity of the submission and students comprehension of the content (5 points)
Textbook chapter 3. Google research.
Are you overwhelmed by your class schedule and need help completing this assignment? You deserve the best professional and plagiarism-free writing services. Allow us to take the weight off your shoulders by clicking this button.