Research a selected local, national, or global nonprofit organization or government agency from the list provided. Determine how the organization or agency contributes to public health and safety improvements, promotes equal opportunity, and improves the quality of life within the community. Submit your findings in a 3-5 page report.
As you begin to prepare this assessment, it would be an excellent choice to complete the Nonprofit Organizations and Community Health activity. Complete this activity to gain insight into promoting equal opportunity and improving the quality of life in a community. The information gained from completing this activity will help you succeed with the assessment. After completing this activity, choose an organization or agency from the list that you are most interested in researching.
Choose the organization or agency you are most interested in researching:
Document Format and Length
Format your paper using APA style.
- Refer to the APA Style Paper Tutorial [DOCX] to help you in writing and formatting your paper. Be sure to include:
- A title page and references page. An abstract is not required.
- Appropriate section headings.
- Your paper should comprise 3-5 pages of content plus title and references pages.
Cite at least three credible sources from peer-reviewed journals or professional industry publications published within the past 5 years that support your research findings.
The research requirements, outlined below, correspond to the grading criteria in the assessment scoring guide, so be sure to address each point.
- Explain how the organization’s mission and vision enable it to contribute to public health and safety improvements.
- Include examples of ways a local and/or global initiative supports organizational mission and vision and promotes public health and safety.
- Evaluate an organization’s ability to promote equal opportunity and improve the quality of life in the community.
- Consider the effects of social, cultural, economic, and physical barriers.
- Assess the impact of funding sources, policy, and legislation on the organization’s provision of services.
- Consider the potential implications of funding decisions, policy, and legislation for individuals, families, and aggregates within the community.
- Explain how an organization’s work impacts the health and/or safety needs of a local community.
- Consider how nurses might become involved with the organization.
- Organize content so ideas flow logically with smooth transitions; contains few errors in grammar/punctuation, word choice, and spelling.
- Apply APA formatting to in-text citations and references exhibiting nearly flawless adherence to APA format.
- Write with a specific purpose and audience in mind.
- Adhere to scholarly and disciplinary writing standards and APA formatting requirements.
Are you overwhelmed by your class schedule and need help completing this assignment? You deserve the best professional and plagiarism-free writing services. Allow us to take the weight off your shoulders by clicking this button.